Monday, May 1, 2017

THE UNSUNG MALI (Happy Teachers Day)

With the arsenal of sagacity,
And intention nobly borne,
Two hands-the teachers and the taught-
Sing in harmonious unison.

And the teacher sweat all through,
Until the task all done.
The guru is a fine tree to woo,
More than the jewels of this earthly sojourn.

They water, care and protect,
Until the boughs spread aloft.
Back they seldom take,
Save memories dearly loved.

So are the teachers unto students,
Like MALI’s tireless hand,
Set at work day one thence,-
Lest they trail into no man’s land…!

 ..................Here are my Gurus to whom I shall remain indebted eternally


Miss Tshering Lham my Class teacher during my pre-primary and 1st Grade

Lopen Ugyen Drukpa my Dzongkha teacher during Primary Classes
Mrs. Tenzin Wangmo, class teacher during my 2nd and 3rd grade



Mr. G.R Nirola, my English and Geography teacher during Primary and LSS level
Mr. Sonam Chogyel, Principal and History tutor during High School. A perfect Fatherly figure, you are no less than a father to me sir.
Mrs. Rinzin wangmo, class teacher during High School. A lady who had the greatest impact on my overall personality, the person who had known me more as a sister than anyone else.
Mrs. Dechen Choden, History Lecturer during my college days and a constant guide there after.
Mr. Tashi Gyeltshen and Mr. Ratan Rai, my mentor and focal person during my practice teaching @SLSS
Mr. Jose KC, a perfect synonym of inspiration...
Dr. Ganesh Man Gurung my geography lecturer and teacher friends who taught me the life and its reality
Geography friends and Mr. Hari Hara, the man who introduced me to the college life
........Thank You All and Happy Teachers' Day....
# the Mali here is a reference to a gardener in Hindi terms. This is the reproduction of my tribute to the teachers across the world who sets their tireless hand in molding the innocent hearts like Mali’s tireless hand,  published in the personal Helicon 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment